- $25 Entry fee paid and roster (limit 5) turned in before game #1.
- Rock, Paper, Scissors will determine first possession.
- A player cannot play for 2 different teams (exceptions can be granted under extreme circumstances).
- No swearing or fighting—failure to comply can result in disqualification
- Call your own fouls—Be Honest!!
- Take back line: The basketball must be taken out beyond the take-back line after:
- you rebound an opponents shot or
- you recover a loose ball from an opponent turnover or
- your opponent scores or
- you steal the opponent's ball
- A player fouled in the act of shooting will be awarded 1 free throw attempt, whether the fouled shot is made or missed.
- Games will be 15 minutes long or when one team scores 15 points (which ever comes 1st).
- The game clock will be started for all games and be kept running.
- 1 point for all made baskets outside Mayhem Square
- 1 point for all made freethrow
- 2 points for all made baskets from inside Mayhem Square
- 2 point play: shooter fouled on made 1 pt shot, then make a freethrow
- 3 point play: shooter fouled on made 2 pt shot, then make a freethrow
- 1st Overtime: Each team elects 3 shooters. Each of those players will shoot one free throw. The team with the most made freethrows—WINS. In the event of a tie, you’ll go into double overtime.
- Double overtime: ALL players of each team line up to shoot freethrows in any order they choose and continue shooting in that same rotation until the first player on their team misses OR their team score surpasses the score of their opponent. Each time the lead changes, the team that is behind shoots next (see example 2 below). This continues until a team misses. The team with the most makes in a row WINS. In the event of another tie, repeat this same process starting with the shooter who just missed his/her shot and continuing in the same rotation as the previous overtime.
- Examples of Double Overtime scoring:
Team A shoots first. Shooter #1 misses; result, Team A score = 0.
Team B shoots second. Shooter #1 makes; result, Team B wins 1 - 0.
Team A shoots first. Shooter 1 makes; result Team A score = +1. (lead change)
Team B shoots second. Shooter 1 makes, shooter 2 makes; result Team B = +1
Team A shoots again. Shooter 1 misses; result Team B wins.
- HAVE FUN!!