Elementary Student Handbook
EDUCATIONAL BELIEFS OF
We believe that…
- The most effective learning comes from a positive, supportive, and committed team of family, school, and community.
- High expectations and strong leadership result in excellence and high achievement.
- All students can learn, and we can teach them.
- All students should possess the skills, knowledge, and attitudes to lead healthy and productive lives and to actively participate as citizens in a rapidly changing democratic and global society.
- A positive, caring and safe environment where all persons are respected is essential for student success.
- Learning is a life-long process.
- District decisions and actions will focus primarily on the welfare and success of students.
- Education is constantly changing, and a successful school must also be willing to change in order to best meet the individual needs of all students.
STUDENT CODE OF ETHICS
The following statements are for use by our elementary students. This code is designed to emphasize the type of citizenship desired in our school.
- I will treat others with respect and dignity.
- I will give my best effort and have a positive attitude.
- I will attend school daily on time and ready to learn.
- I will work hard to complete my daily work.
- I will be honest with my teachers, parents, and friends.
- I will be courteous and sensitive to the individual needs of others.
- I will conduct myself in a manner that is a credit to my family, my school, and myself.
- I will strive to be a positive influence and role model for others.
- I will strive to be a positive leader and promote good citizenship in our school.
- I will strive to leave behind a school record that is a credit to my years at Stanton Elementary.
STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT GOALS
Students from the
- Express their ideas fluently in written and oral communication
- Display problem-solving skills, academic skills, life skills, and employment skills
- Display behavior that demonstrates an acquired understanding and acceptance of diversity and the rights and dignity of themselves and others
- Use effective teamwork, communication, leadership, and technology skills to enhance the quality of their work places and their lives
- Possess the skills to succeed in the world in which they will work and live after high school
1. All K-12 students will perform at proficient levels in reading to succeed in life beyond high school
2. All K-12 students will perform at proficient levels in math to succeed in life beyond high school
3. All K-12 students will perform at proficient levels in science to succeed in life beyond high school
4. All K-12 students will be proficient in the application of technology.
5. All students will feel safe and connected personally to our drug free school.