Stanton's Return to Learn Plan
July 10, 2020
We hope your summer has been great. We are eagerly working through our Return To Learn Plan (RTL) so we can safely return to school on August 18th. We want to thank you for responding to the district survey. Your responses, suggestions, and concerns have helped us in the planning process. Per state requirements, Stanton has completed an online learning plan in the event that an alternative learning platform is needed. We also have plans in place for on-site and hybrid learning. Below you will see some basic information for all three options and more information will be provided as we continue through the planning process.
Required Continuous Learning
(Blend of on-site and virtual)
At this time we plan to begin in August as a full traditional school setting. We will communicate via our school website (www.stantonschools.com) and email in the event we need to adjust that plan. More detailed procedures will be communicated as we near the start of the school year.
The following are some of the current considerations of the district:
- At this point, we will not require students or staff to wear face masks but will encourage mask-wearing when appropriate. We ask students to provide his/her own mask and launder them frequently.
- At this time, temperature checks will not be performed when students arrive at school. We do ask parents to be extra diligent and conscious of any symptoms of illness your children may have. Please consider taking your child’s temperature each morning and checking for any symptoms of illness (fever, sore throat, breathing troubles, etc.).
- Increased cleaning will take place throughout the building. Staff will ensure that commonly used areas will be cleaned often. Upon entering the building, everyone will use hand sanitizer and there will be increased efforts to wash hands/sanitize throughout the day. Classroom teachers will ensure minimal sharing of materials and enforce social distancing as much as possible.
- Access to the building by those who are not students or staff will be by appointment only at this time.
- Upon boarding a school bus in the AM, children will use hand sanitizer provided by the bus driver, load back to front, and social distance as much as possible. Social distancing will be determined by how many students are on the bus. At the end of the day, students will again apply hand sanitizer prior to boarding the bus.
- Meal procedures will remain fairly the same; however, we are providing additional preparations and precautions for our daily breakfast and lunch routines.
For more information, please go to this website that addresses common questions:
We hope you enjoy the rest of your summer and we look forward to seeing you in August. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the plan outlined above, please contact our administration. To reach the K-12 principal, contact Katie Elwood at firstname.lastname@example.org or to reach the superintendent, contact David Gute at email@example.com.